Mississauga, ON, Canada
The Applications Engineer is responsible for providing technical and application support and expertise to customers, as well as the sales and marketing functions of Excelitas' industrial curing products. This position will work closely with both the regional and corporate sales and marketing teams to ensure process and procedures are maintained and solutions are delivered in a consistent style, representative of the Excelitas brand.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate technology excellence combined with market application knowledge and effective customer facing interpersonal skills
- Provide required technical and application support for OmniCure products including use in applications to customers, channel partners, technical service, customer support team and product marketing group.
- Provide application support/development to integrator/OEM customers as required to ensure customer service levels are satisfactory
- Must be able to innovate to solve non-standard customer problems and initiate SR (special requirements) form and provide all applicable information to support the SR process
- Create customer friendly technical drawings from engineering drawings. Must also be able to take understand simplified customer sketches/drawings and help develop engineering drawings.
- Coordinate testing of adhesives, coatings and inks with our internal materials scientist. Create test result reports and summaries as required.
- Must become familiar with company's industrial products and relevant technologies as well as comparable competitive products.
- Installation of Omnicure area cure LED products onto printers, coating dispensers, draw towers and similar customer specific applications. May require custom brackets be designed and fabricated
- Must be able to read system electrical wiring diagrams (for printers, etc.) to allow safe integration of electrical control requirements for OmniCure products into customer equipment.
- Provide required technical support to channel partner sales training initiatives, including the development and delivery of channel and sales training as required
- Collaborate with Product Management to provide technical and application expertise for the writing of commercial specifications
- Maintain open communication and work in concert with all key departments to ensure timely completion of projects and customer support issue resolution
- Travel (approximately 25%) to industry tradeshows, conferences, and customer locations, as required to provide technical support and training and to increase knowledge of product applications
- Familiarity with shipping and customs procedures to allow procurement and delivery of demo systems.
- As required, initiate and support activities related to engineering change orders (ECO's), action request notices (ARN's), manual upgrades and product upgrades
- Work with Marketing to define, deliver and maintain appropriate product collateral content (web, presentations, print)
- Work with the Sr. Product Manager and Marketing Communications to provide technical and application expertise for product launches and other marketing campaigns
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to develop and maintain key industry partnerships
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years' application support or relevant technical sales experience, preferably with university technical degree education or equivalent.
- Electrical background, technician or technologist level will be an asset.
- Mechanical background with basic fabrication skills will be an asset.
- Familiarity with recirculating liquid chillers and thermal principals will be an asset.
- Familiar with wiring diagrams, mechanical drawings, schematics, test procedures, assembly procedures, electrical assemblies, optical assemblies and mechanical assemblies is a must.
- Must be familiar with principals behind photo initiators, light spectrum and basic optical principals.
- Must be familiar with arc lamps, high power LED's, ballasts and LED current drivers.
- Strong ability to work independently, maintaining a high level of self-motivation and discipline.
- Excellent organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- A proactive team player, possessing solid technical knowledge and related market/product experiences
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology
- Excellent troubleshooting skills; ability to identify problem, possible solutions and implementation plan.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and channel partners
- An excellent command in both written and verbal English communication skills.
- Practical understanding of Salesforce CRM Software, PLM, QAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Products, Photo-editing Software (Photoshop CS3), Internet.