Miamisburg, OH, United States
Excelitas Technologies Miamisburg is looking for a hands-on Electrical Engineer to support its Non-Destruct and Destructive (DLAT) Testing group. The NDT/DLAT testing group supports all production and development products for the site. Testing processes include environmental conditioning of, Live Fire testing of electronic fuzing and other detonating devices, as well as various non-destructive electronic testing of product. Product configurations consist of both explosive loaded and inert types. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a cross functional team and will be reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Conduct day to day destructive test (DLAT) operations and support non-destructive test (NDT) processing for both production and development products.
- Document all DLAT testing results, generate and provide test reports to program teams as required.
- Create and modify test procedures as necessary to document product test requirements and establish appropriate process and safety controls for product testing. Train production operators as required.
- Design, develop and maintain testing software and hardware to support NDT and DLAT testing.
- Initiate Test Incident Reports and conduct failure analyses as required. Perform root cause analysis, and initiate appropriate corrective action to prevent recurrence of failures.
- Handle multiple projects. Perform any and all required coordination with other operations to ensure that test schedules are met.
- Assists Master Scheduler to schedule and coordinate all DLAT testing.
- Review engineering designs and product specifications for testing feasibility and recommends design changes that will enhance product design, eliminating variation.
- Train production employees in the operation of specialized test equipment.
- Evaluate current or new equipment, as necessary. Recommend and initiate purchase to support testing group.
- Ensures a safe work environment by monitoring accident investigation and other safety-related activities in the work area.
- Requires a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering. Experience in a NDT/DT testing environment would be a plus. One to two years experience.
- Experience with LabView, C-Programing, Lab Windows, or other software programming a plus.
- Experience with High Voltage Potential (Hi-Pot), Resistive, and Electro-Thermal Response testing processes a plus.
- Experience working with (handling) and testing explosive components a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - ability to discuss test results with internal and external customers.
- Strong judgment and decision making skills.
- Green or Black Belt certification a plus
- Please note that due to the requirements from the Department of Energy,
U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status.