Miamisburg, OH, United States
Excelitas Technologies is currently seeking an energetic and results driven Electrical Engineer to join our Analog Design Team at our Miamisburg, Ohio site. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for conceptual and detail design of Electronic Safe and Arm Devices (ESADs) and Ignition Safety Devices (ISDs) for missile programs.
- As a member of the technical staff, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for the generation of the overall design and development activities for Electronic Safe and Arm Devices (ESADs or ESAFs) and Ignition Safety Devices (ISDs) for weapon systems.
- Develops ESADs and ISDs that meet customer design specifications as well as generates designs for internal needs.
- Designs products with an emphasis not only on performance, but also manufacturability and testability.
- Originates and refines existing designs including detail design, tolerance studies, and selection of electronic components while taking shock, vibration, thermal stress considerations into account.
- Prepares engineering specs, parts lists, time estimates, and test and fabrication schedules. Writes engineering reports and assists in the preparation of technical proposals.
- Participates in and conducts specification reviews, design reviews, pre-production builds, debug, and product testing at internal, government and/or customer labs.
- Plans and determines test procedures.
- Conducts laboratory or field test experiments and investigations, as well as correlates and interprets observations and results.
- Will also be responsible for technical support of some mature products currently in production.
- Will be required to interface with customers as technical expert for one or more product lines.