IT Operations Engineer
Waltham, MA, United States
Excelitas Technologies is seeking a high energy, self-starter who is looking to take their security skills to the next level within our Security and Infrastructure team, and become a technical and procedural lead for all our Cyber Security initiatives. As part of the Security Operations & Infrastructure team you will help set direction and drive best practices and participate in planning, developing and implementing security solutions, procedures and policies for our global organization. The Security Engineer will be part of a talented team of Systems and Network Engineers while primarily playing a key role in all things security.
- Assist with the plan and carry out an organization's information security strategy.
- Develop a set of security standards and best practices for the organization, and recommend security enhancements to management as needed.
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach.
- Responsible for educating the workforce on information security through training and building awareness.
- Install and use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect organizations' sensitive information.
- Assist computer users with installation or processing of new security products and procedures.
- Conducts periodic scans of networks to find any vulnerability and conduct penetration testing, in which you simulate an attack on the system to highlight or find any weaknesses that might be exploited by a malicious party.
- Constantly monitor the organization's networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions. Install software that helps to notify them of intrusions, and watch out for irregular system behavior.
- If a breach has occurred, the Security Engineer leads incident response activities to minimize the impact. Afterwards, they lead a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage. They prepare reports of their findings to be reported to management.
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following security technologies: Firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP, Proxy, Endpoint, SIEM, and general networking background.
- Experienced with Windows operating systems.
- Knowledgeable in Server Hardening and Active Directory Group Policies.
- Knowledgeable in monitoring and defending attacks utilizing security technologies, including advanced anti-malware solutions, network forensics, and visibility solutions.
- Experienced in Information Systems architecture and security control design and implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Can handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience with network security technologies including Cisco ASA's, Cisco Firepower, Cisco ISE, LogRhythm, Nessus Tenable, Nyansa.
- 3 - 5 years of security engineering experience in the Information Security industry.
- 5 - 7 years System Administration or Engineering Experience.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with team members within security and infrastructure team.
- Work across the entire company to operate our security strategy and protect our assets.
- Assisting with Security Information Gathering security audits and questionnaires.
- Assisting with security operations, security technology and policy, and security tools.
- Assisting with ongoing security projects as defined by the manager or VP of Security and Infrastructure.
- Assisting with our Information Security monitoring and incident response programs.
- Analyzing Risk and Compliance requirements related to Information Security.
- Researching new solutions to protect us from emerging cyber security threats and stay current.
- Participate with 'In the Know' security organizations for personal credential and educational enrichment.
- Passionate about making a positive difference in an organization and team.
- Experienced with Vulnerability Scanning, Penetration Testing, Social Engineering.
- Experience with Email security, NIST 800-171, PCI DSS, ISO 27001
- O365, Azure, AWS experience a plus.
- Knowledgeable with Linux OS, Nutanix AHV and VMware
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status.