Miamisburg, OH, United States
The Software Engineer will design, develop, documents test and debug application software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for the product, production automation, and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls; prepares operating instructions; ensures software standards are met.
- Be part of the team developing an entirely new generation of software.
- Envision novel software solutions to a broad spectrum of issues, ranging from low-level machine control to graphical user interfaces. Continuously raise the bar on functionality, usability, simplicity, and maintainability.
- Proactively seek feedback from our innovative team of engineers and production/manufacturing operators.
- Advocate and enforce best software development practices throughout our organization.
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of training and experience. One to four years' professional experience required.
- Capable of writing clean, reliable, and high-performance code In-depth experience with C#, .NET, and WPF.
- A basic understanding of software architecture, design patterns, and software development best practices (with an emphasis on Agile development processes and practices).
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use software tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio (Windows development), Microsoft Team Foundation Services (TFS), Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft.Net Framework.
- Please note that due to the requirements from the Department of Energy, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Excelitas Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status