Miamisburg, OH, United States
The Procurement Expeditor will work closely with the Procurement Team and supply base to ensure goods and services are provided in the time frame needed to support site programs and operations, including accomplishing delivery improvements/lead time reductions for critical program development and qualification efforts. The Procurement Expeditor reports to the Supply Chain Manager and functions as part of the Procurement/Supply Chain team.
- The Procurement Expeditor reviews outstanding purchase order and quote status with suppliers and communicates updates to the Buyers and Scheduling.
- Receives order status information and compares with the MRP/ERP system and program schedules to ensure information is current and accurate.
- Coordinates and monitors projects and assignments with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail.
- Contact suppliers to obtain current order delivery information and expedite where necessary to meet customer requirements. Work with suppliers to create and recognize improvements in delivery from a sourcing and/or internal production perspective. Recommend potential product alternatives to respective site departments (with Procurement team and/or supplier input, as necessary) for obsolete or backordered items.
- Suggest process improvements for resolution of shortage/backorder issues and provide proactive support to Procurement team to help resolve order discrepancies.
- Raise order fulfillment issues to the Procurement team, Supply Chain Manager, and management to propose mitigation strategies on a routine basis.
- Analyze the reasons for part shortages to aid in prevention.
- Monitor industry news and forecasts to identify component, material, and/or supplier concerns that may impact future production. Monitor GIDEP alerts.
- Manage order status by utilizing independent decision-making skills and persistence to manage workload prioritization in concert with Procurement team.
- Verify with the supplier, as needed, that the supplier production schedule is appropriately prioritizing DPAS-rated orders.
- Coordinate expedite or delivery recovery schedule with the supplier to ensure the order is prioritized appropriately to meet Excelitas production needs.
- Assist with reconciling backorders and investigates shipping discrepancies on a routine basis.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings to discuss supplier-related issues to improve efficiency.
- Provide research and other support with various Procurement projects, related to Supply Chain-related activities, as assigned by Supply Chain Manager.
- Monitor scheduling and shipment of material for secondary operations.
- Collaborate with suppliers to monitor their lines of balance, as necessary, to ensure on time or expedited delivery.
- Work with Production Planning/Scheduling to monitor internal lines of balance.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and productively with multiple internal and external parties.
- May require up to 40% travel.
- BA or BS in Business, Supply Chain, or Logistics major preferred. OR HS graduate or Associate's degree with equivalent industry work experience. Three to five years experience required.
- Experience working with and interpreting bills of material (BOMs).
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite required; experience with an MRP/ERP system is preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation).
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Data-driven and process oriented with the ability to meet commitments and attain stretch performance measures consistently.
- Proven ability to learn new processes and systems quickly.
- Must be a team player.
- Please note that due to the requirements from the Department of Energy, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status.