Miamisburg, OH, United States
The Buyer is responsible for procuring goods and services to support the Miamisburg program and facilities requirements. Works closely with site personnel including Program Managers, Quality Engineering, and other Buyers to drive essential projects aimed at achieving site materials deflation savings targets. Acts as the critical interface between Miamisburg personnel and the Supply Chain, and participates in the development and management of supplier contracts and long-term agreements (LTA's). Plays a strategic and tactical role in formulating partnerships with suppliers to meet cost and schedule requirements for Miamisburg.
- Responsible for purchasing for designated product lines/commodities to meet customer demand, including purchasing indirect and direct materials, and coordinating rework/replacement of non-conforming material to meet production schedule.
- Performs daily procurement activity by processing requisitions, issuing requests for quotes/proposals, and performing MRP analysis to achieve desired cost and schedule requirements while maintaining proper inventory levels in support of manufacturing.
- Expedites components, part shortages, and rework/replacement of non-conforming material to meet customer demand.
- Submits RFQs to suppliers and ensures timely quote return to meet proposal/production needs. Works with Supply Chain Manager and/or Sr. Buyer/Planner to satisfy requirements of RFQ packages for programs.
- Understands and communicates program specifications to suppliers. Confers and corresponds with vendors, manufacturers, service supplier, and sales representatives to obtain pricing and product information.
- Addresses quality concerns in collaboration with Quality, Program Management, and/or Engineering.
- Develops and enhances relationships with strategic suppliers/partners; serves as primary contact with suppliers; and fosters a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers.
- Ensures confidentiality agreements (NDAs) and other necessary contracts/agreements are established with suppliers.
- Drives cost savings and quality improvement projects.
- Coordinates quality issues with suppliers, as required, including supplier returns.
- Monitors open invoices and communicate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Assists in aligning strategic procurement goals and objectives with quarterly deliverables, weekly activities, and daily schedules.
- Works with Finance and Materials Handling to resolve invoice and credit memo discrepancies.
- Ability to set up and coordinate pull systems and consignment programs with suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS required - minimum of 3-5 years' experience in procurement in a technical environment interfacing with Suppliers, Manufacturing, Quality, and Engineering.
- APICS and / or ISM (CPM) certification is preferred.
- Experience or education with an MRP system is required.
- Experience utilizing SAP is preferred.
- Knowledge of Government requirements/regulations such as ITAR, FAR, DFARS, and DEARS is needed and expected to be demonstrated.
- Experience with procurement for U.S. Government contracts is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including the Microsoft Suite of products, is required.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation).
- Proven ability to create and implement complex processes is required.
- Data-driven and process oriented with an ability to consistently meet commitments and attain stretch performance measures without direct oversight.
- Team Player.
- Please note that due to the requirements from the Department of Energy, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status.