Miamisburg, OH, United States
The Quality Inspector is responsible for inspection of product and related documentation prior to submittal to customer and/or government inspection. Inspection may include in-process, incoming receiving inspection, source inspection, and/or final inspection.
- Performs visual inspection of multiple products for mechanical/electrical characteristics to documentation.
- Performs as an inspector for various areas of inspection, such as in-process, incoming receiving inspection, source inspection, and/or final inspection.
- Reviews all documentation for completeness, including stamp off on test data, router, and supplier certifications.
- Performs first article inspection for in-process operations.
- Reviews first article packages for completeness.
- Interprets assembly drawings and performs mechanical measurements.
- Supports quality engineering to identify in-process or supplier trends.
- Conducts production area, documentation, and support area audits. Interfaces with multiple levels of personnel, including production personnel, management and government/customer representative.
- Will assist quality engineering with customer representative during first article and or production buy-off.
- Will help identify opportunities for improving process and procedures.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent 4 or more years of inspector experience in a military or aerospace environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge of IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 Basic knowledge of metrology, quality tools, and GD&T is required
- Experience with AS9100C is a plus
- Please note that due to the requirements from the Department of Energy, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status.