Boulder, CO, United States
Do you want to work with an inspiring team that is passionate about innovative solutions where your technical skills are highly valued? Excelitas Technologies is a precision manufacturing firm that designs, integrates and delivers in the areas of high precision optics, thin films and optical assemblies for industry, medicine, life science, defense and lithography. We are looking for qualified process-focused Electronics Design Engineer candidates to join our talented, vision-driven production team who are focused on delivering amazing solutions to our clients. One of the great things about working at Excelitas Technologies is that there is never a dull moment -- we solve hard engineering problems so our clients can make the world awesome every day.
- Design and modeling of complex opto-electro-mechanical modules and subassemblies for Aerospace & Defense, Semiconductor Capital Equipment and other applications.
- Leading development (design, build and testing) of electronic components and sub-systems through all phases of product life cycle (e. g., development, production, obsolescence).
- Being a part of cross-functional engineering team consisting of Program Managers, Mechanical, Optical, Thin Film Design, Process, Product, NPI, Quality, Metrology and Sustaining engineers and technicians.
- Interfacing with vendors.
- Testing prototypes.
- Supporting Sales and Business Development Team in winning new business. Interacting with key customers at every stage of the process, starting from feasibility analysis & quote generation and through troubleshooting of mature products in production.
- Preparing and presenting design, modeling and test data during Design Reviews (both internal and with customers present).
- Mentoring junior engineers and technicians.
- Supporting various other activities related to winning new business, developing new products, launching them into production and managing them through product lifecycle.
- Here's what we're looking for:
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering/Physics or closely related field. Advanced degree preferred
- Subject matter expert in embedded electrical design. Extensive experience (minimum 10 years) in designing electrical sub-assemblies (e. g., circuit board design, architect mixed signal sub-assemblies, sensor and actuator selection & interfaces, etc.
- Expert in electronic design development tools (e. g., Embedded Application Development environments, Analog & Digital circuit modeling, DFMEAs, etc.). Expert in RF modeling, testing & design (signal integrity and immunity). Expert in electrical testing tools and methodologies.
- Experience in designing opto-electro-mechanical modules and subsystems for Aerospace & Defense and for semiconductor market segments is highly desirable. Expertise in qualification documents and practices of products in defense, industrial and commercial end applications is highly desirable.
- Experience in FEA/Multiphysics analysis is highly desirable.
- Expertise in C, C++ & C# is desirable.
- Open to ambiguity and comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Experience in customer-facing roles is a plus
- Interest in learning new skills and keeping pace with changing technologies
- Ability to problem solve and work with others to find the best solution
- Precision in your work and attention to all details
- On-point, genuine interpersonal and written communication skills
- Capability to work independently and self-motivate
- A passion for craftsmanship
Excelitas is an EO Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status