Do you want to work with an inspiring team that is passionate about innovative solutions where your technical skills are highly valued? Research Electro-Optics is a precision manufacturing firm that designs, integrates and delivers in the areas of high precision optics, thin films and optical assemblies for industry, medicine, life science, defense and lithography.
We are looking for qualified process-focused Product Engineer candidates to join our talented, vision-driven production team who are focused on delivering amazing solutions to our clients. One of the great things about working at REO is that there is never a dull moment -- we solve hard engineering problems so our clients can make the world awesome every day.
Here's what we're looking for:
Interest in learning new skills and keeping pace with changing technologies
Ability to problem solve and work with others to find the best solution
Precision in your work and attention to all details
On-point, genuine interpersonal and written communication skills
Capability to work independently and self-motivate
A passion for optics design and engineering
Three + years of optics R&D, manufacturing & engineering experience
Integrates fabrication, coating, and metrology technologies to provide product solutions for customers. Works with customers to define prototype specifications and oversees the execution of first time builds. Develops product lifecycle maturity; improves product manufacturability through product work flow yield, throughput, and cost improvements.
- Works with customers and sales to understand product requirements, define product specifications, communicate REO manufacturing technology capabilities, and understand special processing requirements.
- Designs integrated process for manufacturing product (raw material, fabrication process, coating process, coating design) with input from Process Engineering. Defines all aspects of the manufacturing package (work instructions, tooling, special requirements) in Omnify. Works to standardize product definition across products and customers.
- Project manages the manufacturing of prototypes. Develops and communicates the project plan to planning, operations, and quality. Works with operations to develop necessary process technology to support the prototype specifications. Relays prototype manufacturing progress and performance to the customer.
- Monitors product performance, works with process and mechanical engineers to improve manufacturing work flow, tooling, and work instructions to improve yield, throughput, and cost. Drives product maturity towards production lifecycle.
- Understands special processing, documentation, and delivery requirements at the customer program level. Works with operations and quality to ensure these requirements are understood and built into work instructions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Physics, Applied Chemistry, or Material Science.)
- Experience with SolidWorks, or other solid modeling or CAD software a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software. Experience with Product Documentation Management (PDM) software a plus.
- Demonstrated strong, effective communication and organizational skills.
- Optical Design and/or Optical Assembly experience required
- 5+ years experience in optics required
REO Is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Race/Gender/Disabled/Veteran