Product Engineer III
Boulder, CO, United States
The Product Engineer is reponsible for Integrating fabrication, coating, and metrology technologies to provide product solutions for customers. Works with customers to define prototype specifications and oversees the execution of first time builds. Develops product lifecycle maturity; improves product manufacturability through product work flow yield, throughput, and cost improvements.
- Works with customers and sales to understand product requirements, define product specifications, communicate REO manufacturing technology capabilities, and understand special processing requirements.
- Designs integrated process for manufacturing product (raw material, fabrication process, coating process, coating design) with input from Process Engineering. Defines all aspects of the manufacturing package (work instructions, tooling, special requirements) in Omnify. Works to standardize product definition across products and customers.
- Project manages the manufacturing of prototypes. Develops and communicates the project plan to planning, operations, and quality. Works with operations to develop necessary process technology to support the prototype specifications. Relays prototype manufacturing progress and performance to the customer.
- Monitors product performance, works with process and mechanical engineers to improve manufacturing work flow, tooling, and work instructions to improve yield, throughput, and cost. Drives product maturity towards production lifecycle.
- Understands special processing, documentation, and delivery requirements at the customer program level. Works with operations and quality to ensure these requirements are understood and built into work instructions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Physics, Applied Chemistry, or Material Science.)
- Experience with SolidWorks, or other solid modeling or CAD software a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software. Experience with Product Documentation Management (PDM) software a plus.
- Demonstrated strong, effective communication and organizational skills.
- Optical Design and/or Optical Assembly experience required
- 5+ years experience in optics required
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All Applications must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. "Green Card Holder"), Politial Asylee, or Refugee.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation