Boulder, CO, United States
Reports to: Production Manager
Primary Responsibility: Assemble precision optical components into mechanical assemblies for laser systems at both the component and sub-system level.
- Knowledgeable using cleanline & ultrasonic cleaning equipment.
- Understanding of material handling practices in cleanroom environment.
- Ability to perform different bonding techniques using robotic dispensing equipment paying attention to the clearance requirements of moving parts to make adjustments to speed, timing or output, thereby ensuring continuity, quality and safety.
- Ability to assemble basic opto-mechanical subassemblies, following written procedures and completing all relevant paperwork.
- Ensure compliance with established specifications.
- Follow proper cleanroom practices and protocols.
- Keep assembly department and surrounding areas clean and free of contaminants.
- Fine motor control, good hand-eye coordination; feel for handling sensitive optics and preserving finished surfaces.
- Able to follow detailed instructions without variance.
- Checks work before signing off on completion.
- Records information on the process sheets correctly.
- Turns off equipment and places tools, components, and paperwork in designated storage locations before leaving the area.
- Schedule minded: Willing to occasionally work overtime or off-shifts to support the shipment schedule.
- Willingness to help continually improve the assembly department's products.
- Understanding of and familiarity with basic computer usage under the Windows operating system.
Desired Skills / Experience / Education
Optical assembly experience
- Knowledge or experience with various optical assembly / alignment techniques, adhesive dispensing and curing, shimming techniques, use of torque limiting tools a plus.
- High School Diploma / GED Equivalent (minimum).
- 2 year Degree or Technical School Graduate preferred.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation