Miamisburg, OH, United States
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for supporting manufacturing process improvements, making a significant contribution to the strategic goal of quality improvement. This role will report to the site Quality Manager and will lead continuous efforts in meeting quality, cost, and on-time delivery while assuring customer expectations and supplier quality management. This role is also responsible for supporting and maintaining the site Quality Management System to meet ISO9001:2015 and AS9100C implementation.
- Plan and manage product quality, product qualification, and design validation.
- Process analysis and improvement through the implementation of statistical tool and Six Sigma methodology.
- Lead and participate in specific production yield improvement projects.
- Participate and contribute in New Product Introduction Process and understand specification development and verification upon transition to production.
- Carry out failure analysis on customer returns and work with the customer to resolve quality issues.
- Partner with suppliers to carry our failure analysis and ensure supplier corrected the issues and prevent re-occurrence.
- Assist in training and maintenance of the site Quality Management Systems: ISO9001:2015 and the implementation of maintenance of AS9100C.
- Coordinator for the site's Corrective and Preventative action process including proper closure and root cause analysis.
- Support and where applicable conduct internal and external audits.
- Quality performance analysis and reporting (suppliers and customers).
- Lead Material Review Board and disposition of Non-Conforming Materials.