Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, customized optoelectronics to OEMs seeking high performance, market-driven technology solutions. From medical lighting to analytical instrumentation, clinical diagnostics, industrial, safety and security, and aerospace and defense applications, Excelitas is committed to enabling our customers' success in their speciality end-markets. We have approximately 8,000 employees in North America, Europe, and Asia serving customers across the world.
We offer a competitive benefit package. See more of our products and services at www.excelitas.com or visit us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter!
We are currently seeking a highly motivated IT support technician to work out of our Boulder, Colorado office. The support technician will be part of a global service desk team, responsible for addressing all IT related user needs in a timely, professional, courteous and cost effective manner.
- Supports information technology hardware systems including (but not limited) to personal computers, servers, building security systems, peripherals, operations computers, smart phones and tablets.
- Part of a virtual service desk team that will help support all IT services.
- Incident management for desktop, enterprise and business applications.
- Escalates requests as necessary
- Performs audits as required.
- Able to follow policies and processes.
- Addresses customer fulfillment requests.
- Meets SLAs as set forth by the service desk manager.
- Assists with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Able to work with 3rd party vendors for troubleshooting and support.
- Provides deliveries of IT services throughout their lifecycle.
- Daily monitoring of appropriate systems.
- Resolves complex end user computing issues.
- Assists customer/end users with questions on product installation, usage, and implementation.
- Answers all customer inquiries and provides appropriate technical and/or product-related information.
- Effectively communicates user issues and concerns to all applicable internal staff members.
- Tracks computer hardware deployment.
- Organizes and maintains documentation.
- Assures robust deployment and maintenance of end user IT security systems.
- Maintains working knowledge of current products and/or services.
- Follows a systematic approach to problem solving including the generation of documentation supporting findings and preventative maintenance.
- Prepares reports and correspondence as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To be considered for this position, a candidate will possess, and demonstrate, the following skills, education, experience and characteristics.
- Minimum of three years related experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge of IT Service Desk Operations and Processes
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Above average troubleshooting skills.
- Technical expert on all computer hardware (pc's, tablets, mobiles, and hand held devices)
- Proficient on all Microsoft Office/OS Platforms,
- Technically proficient on LAN equipment and able to follow directions to support WAN equipment.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable in a high volume, fast paced, dynamic environment with strong ability to multitask and work independently when needed.
BS in Information Technology preferred