We have an excellent opportunity for a Key Account Manager to further their career within an international technology-oriented company. The successful candidate will identify, develop, win and maintain business with Customers to achieve and sustain preferred supplier status for Excelitas, and also contribute to the formulation of the sales and manufacturing forecasts.
Our products are at the forefront of technology in the global market and will support our Advanced Optronics business line.
The successful applicant will gain a thorough understanding of our business and our market. The role is varied and challenging and will include international travel. Career development is a real possibility for candidates with the drive, ability and aptitude to succeed.
- Position the company and current/future products for key contracts through developing close customer business relationships.
- Provide the customer with the appropriate levels of post contract support, utilising and negotiating the Company resource as appropriate in a manner that balances the needs of Excelitas and its customer.
- Lead or assist with the preparation and submission of bids, quotes or proposals by defining the "winning" approach (price, commercial, technical etc) through coordinating the Company resource (technical, manufacturing, commercial)
- Lead or assist with driving cross-function problem solving teams to address commercial, technical or manufacturing issues associated with Key Account programmes.
- Utilize a sound awareness and knowledge of the market to identify potential new customers and/or markets and continually developing awareness / knowledge of the market in which the Company operates and provides input into both the product strategy and Company strategic direction
- Represent the Company at all levels within the customer community, ensuring the interests of Excelitas are both promoted and protected.
- Ensure that the rolling forecast is maintained, giving the organisation full visibility of potential orders.
- Utilise the Company MRP system to maintain an up to date, accurate and complete data base of business opportunities which will be used to generate the Company business plans
- Understands and fully comply with the national and international export, import and ITAR rules and legislation. Adhering to all Company Operating Procedures.
It is essential that all candidates have the following:
- A high standard of general education, and conversant with Microsoft office applications - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Sound commercial acumen, with a positive track record of achievement in your current and previous roles
- Confident, professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to represent our company at all levels.
- High motivation, responsiveness and focus, also possess meticulous attention to detail - crucial for ensuring programme requirements are fully understood and met.
- Able to travel nationally and internationally, sometimes at short notice (full/valid driving licence & valid passport)
- Experience and business focus, demonstrated through exceptional influencing and relationship building expertise developed as a result of practised outstanding communication skills.
The following attributes are considered desirable, but not essential for the role:
- Educated to degree level, with an engineering or scientific bias - providing the ability to have a technically credible dialog with the engineering and production teams.
- Experience of working with MRP / ERP applications and associated software
- Bid and programme management skills within an engineering or manufacturing process environment.
- Knowledge of Excelitas, Boulder products and capabilities.
- Managing customers, suppliers and internal business project teams to deliver quality & timely results.
BS in Engineering Discipline: IE Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science