Boulder, CO, United States
Do you want to work with an inspiring team that is passionate about innovative solutions where your technical skills are highly valued? Research Electro-Optics is a precision manufacturing firm that designs, integrates and delivers in the areas of high precision optics, thin films and optical assemblies for industry, medicine, life science, defense and lithography.
We are looking for qualified process-focused Program Manager candidates to join our talented, vision-driven engineering team who are focused on delivering amazing solutions to our clients. One of the great things about working at REO is that there is never a dull moment -- we solve hard engineering problems so our clients can make the world awesome every day.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Interest in learning new skills and keeping pace with changing technologies
- Ability to problem solve and work with others to find the best solution
- Precision in your work and attention to all details
- On-point, genuine interpersonal and written communication skills
- Capability to work independently and self-motivate
- A passion for managing programs in a high tech manufacturing environment
- Five plus years of hands-on program management experience
Reports to: Manager of Program Management
Objective: Ensure effective execution of key strategic projects. These may include managing transition of challenging products from prototype into manufacturing, fulfillment of complex customer orders, and internal projects.
- Manage technically and logistically complex programs. Develop detailed schedules to support responsibility to deliver product on time, to specification and at planned cost.
- Coordinate activity with engineering, materials, and operations organizations to position for success on the project.
- Serve as primary customer interface for assigned projects, providing superior customer support, and effectively managing demanding customers.
- Manage and mitigate project risks.
- Leverage relevant technical knowledge to interface with customers and internal personnel. Provide guidance to ensure that technical investigations and developments remain well-aligned to the overall project goals.
- Ability and willingness to solve problems hands-on when appropriate.
- Achieve results while reinforcing company's cultural beliefs and maintaining a chain of accountability.
REO is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer
- Engineering/science education and a minimum of 5 years technical project management experience.
- Project Management (PMP) certification preferred. Uncertified candidates will be expected to commit to pursuing certification.
- Minimum 2 years optics/photonics experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Skill in managing a diverse range of roles assigned to program, frequently without a direct reporting relationship.
- Ability to effectively multitask and operate independently.