Coating Technician I
Boulder, CO, United States
The Coating Technician reports to the Production Supervisor and functions as part of the Operations Group. The Coating technician will typically support production of precision optical components. Production support includes inspection and measurement of optical grade materials, operation of spin cleaners, interferometers, spectrophotometers, and other automated equipment. Monitoring the operation of process equipment, packaging of optical components, sets up coating chamber tooling, adjusting, monitoring and operating various pieces of laboratory equipment. Once complete, the technician will measure the products for quality and ensure they meet customer requirements. Accurate recording of data on process sheets and accurate documentation of material movement in the ERP system to support manufacturing operations is another key job function.
- Cleans, inspects and measures more advanced/complex substrates to ensure quality. Will typically perform work on crystals and larger optics that require hand cleaning.
- Packages optical components
- May use spectrophotometer to perform scans of optical components
- Sets up tooling
- Loads parts into chambers
- Starts coating runs
- May perform tooling fit checks/reviews
- May begin training on/performing chamber scheduling
- May prepare shipping documents
- Able to read and comprehend prints for determining specs on surface quality, substrate dimensions, arrow marking for side one and side two, packaging requirements
- Teamwork - works effectively within team. Can provide guidance to Tech I.
- High School diploma required
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All Applications must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. "Green Card Holder"), Politial Asylee, or Refugee.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation