Boulder, CO, United States
At Research Electro-Optics, our employees are our most valuable asset. Our team is comprised of exceptional people who give their talent, expertise, and enthusiasm to provide unsurpassed service to our clients. REO is a full service custom optics manufacturer in the heart of Boulder Colorado. We maintain an excellent reputation in the industry with particular recognition for solving unique and challenging engineering problems. REO is dedicated to the community, our relationships and technology. Come explore the endless opportunities in an environment where we support you and your professional success.
We believe every employee should share in our success, so we offer:
- Excellent Benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career development opportunities within the corporation
- Retirement plans with a company match
- Company-sponsored life insurance
Reports to: Materials Manager
The primary responsibility of this position is to create and execute the production planning strategy in conjunction with Production and Customer Service to meet customer demand within the constraints of the capacity plan. This position is responsible for prompt communication of changes in delivery schedule to the Customer Service team and advocating the customer's needs within the Planning and Operations organizations.
- Work closely with Product Line Manager to develop and implement the most effective planning strategy appropriate to assigned products and production areas.
- Monitor key performance indicators in support of continual improvement of performance against goals of product line, such as customer on-time delivery, throughput time, and finished goods inventory objectives.
- Support Master Scheduler in establishing production schedule based on capacity availability.
- Support cost reduction through effective and efficient capacity utilization.
- Establish & communicate sales order delivery schedules based on the manufacturing production schedule.
- Ensure material availability to support the manufacturing production schedule.
- Participate in daily Tier 1 or Tier 2 production meetings.
- Coordinate with Purchasing, Master Scheduling & Operations to expedite build of customer product as appropriate.
- Analyze and resolve system exception messages, identifying root cause and implementing corrective action.
- Participate in timely implementation of Engineering Change Orders, minimizing excess and obsolete inventory and contributing to effective cut-over execution.
- Process RMAs and facilitate their movement through Production as well as update shipping schedules.
- Ensure data integrity of planning attributes such as order modifiers, routing times, planned yields, item types, and planner codes, to ensure that the plan is providing valid suggestions.
- Monitor and communicate changes in lead times for manufactured items.
- Monitor cycle count program and inventory accuracy. Assist with problem resolution.
- Own inventory excess and obsolescence analysis. Recommend inventory disposition and reserve requirements. Facilitate analysis of root cause and implementation of corrective action.
- Follow and support the company's Environment, Health and Safety culture by being aware of and reporting any concerns as well as carrying out work in a safe manner.
- Interest in learning new skills and keeping pace with changing technologies
- Ability to problem solve and work with others to find the best solution
- Precision in your work and attention to all details
- On-point, genuine interpersonal and written communication skills
- Capability to work independently and self-motivate as well as motivate teams
- Lean manufacturing experience and a passion for on-time-delivery
REO is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer
Preferred Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent. Supply Chain, Operations, or Materials emphasis preferred.
- 3-5 + years related experience in production/capacity planning
- APICS CPIM or CSCA certification required
- MRP experience in a high mix, low volume manufacturing environment
- Expertise implementing Lean manufacturing practices desired
- Computer proficiency with MS Office applications required
- Detail-oriented and time sensitive
- Strong communication skills coupled with the ability to work in a team environment essential
- Experience in capacity planning and constraint-based planning
- Experience with Demand Flow planning desired
- Experience with M2M ERP software a plus