Global Director of Revenue
Waltham, MA, United States
This role leads all aspects of global revenue accounting and reporting, including the establishment of scalable revenue processes, global policies, procedures, and key metrics, as well as technical analyses and will play a key role in the implementation of ASC 606.
- Must have experience in both technical and operational revenue accounting and will be responsible for building out the revenue function, developing people, improving processes and controls and working cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on revenue accounting and work cross-functionally with our global Business Units, Finance and Legal teams to provide guidance and training on technical accounting or policy issues related to revenue recognition.
- Oversee review of contracts to ensure revenue recognition is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and lead the preparation of revenue accounting memos supporting revenue recognition interpretations for support of annual audits.
- Lead the adoption of and oversee implementation of ASC 606 working closely with both internal and external resources.
- Manage month end close process ensuring completeness and accuracy of revenue and revenue related accounts for both internal and external reporting, including the review of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Manage and develop a global revenue team supporting a complex, growing and rapidly changing environment.
- Partner with Finance to assist with revenue forecasting and develop a process to drive accuracy and scalability.
- Develop and maintain internal controls for revenue recognition and lead continuous review and improvement of revenue systems and business processes.
- 10+ years of experience with revenue accounting and reporting, system implementations, process improvement and internal controls/SOX.
- Robust understanding of revenue accounting systems, processes and best practices along with a strong technical accounting background.
- Ability to research and understand complex revenue transactions and resolve revenue accounting issues.
- Ability to communicate technical accounting requirements to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Experience working in a large decentralized global environment, manufacturing experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation