Senior Product Manager
Mississauga, ON, Canada
The Sr. Product Manager is responsible for managing all new product development, life cycles, marketing, forecasting, budgeting and P&L of products related to the OmniCure product line, and to ensure the stated sales and profit objectives within the business plan are achieved.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate technology competence, market application knowledge, marketing and sales leadership, good general business understanding, P&L acumen, strong managerial attributes and effective interpersonal skills.
- Develop and implement effective product marketing plans to increase market share and grow into new markets. Maintain an active focus and interface with market "drivers" (technologies and end user needs) staying on top of trends that will result in a continuous proactive market-driven approach.
- Develop and implement product launch activities, including product positioning, marketing materials, pricing, packaging, launch budgets, web site content, application notes, and PIB's (product information bulletins). Communicate new product launches to the sales force and complimentary industry companies, at conferences and tradeshows.
- Manage related beta site / prototype product development programs, including effectively communicating product features and benefits to target evaluators. Work closely with all departments to effectively and proactively meet the requirements of the sales and marketing plan.
- Complete annual forecasts. Provide a 12-month rolling forecast to manufacturing quarterly.
- Write preliminary, final and revisions to commercial specifications
- Manage activities related to engineering change orders (ECO's), action request notices (ARN's), customer complaints, and manual reviews, product upgrades.
- Manage the maintenance of competitive (products & company) files and databases. Complete related market analysis reports as required.
- Assist with go-to market strategy, marketing plans and product roadmaps. Conduct a technology review with the R&D team quarterly.
- Develop strategies to maintain/increase profitability and to open new markets or market segments.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to prepare and present quarterly portfolio reviews for products managed.
- Manage all Mar-Com activities to develop and implement the marketing communication programs required to support the marketing strategy of the OmniCure product line. These programs include, but are not limited to, media advertisements, direct mail, and trade shows, etc.
- Maintain open communication and work in concert with all key departments to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Participate in internal and external sales meetings to present product marketing plans to sales channel.
- Travel as required to meet with customers, demonstrate products, set up beta sites, work at trade shows/conferences and stay in tune with the market (~25%)
- University level Degree or Diploma from a recognized educational institution in Business or a technical field
- An MBA is highly desired
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in the UV light, digital print, or a related industry
- Highly adaptable to change
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence; Strong business analysis skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- A proactive team player, possessing solid technical knowledge and related market / product experiences
- High technical aptitude
- Ability to work under pressure and severe time constraints, within rapidly changing markets and work environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communications skills for report writing, documentation, etc.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com, Data Base management)
- International travel experience an asset
- Entrepreneurial spirit and attitude
- The employee may regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds