Quality Engineer II
Boulder, CO, United States
Primary Quality contact for significant Commerial and D&A assembly department customers as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Responsible for supporting and maintaining the site Management Systems by leading the audit function for standards adopted by site or corporate leadership.
Suervises the operation of the site corrective action system, focusing on timeliness and effectiveness.
This position reports to the Qualty Systems Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Site owner of ASML Quality First initiatives defined for 2019-2020. Responsible for collaborating with site and international management for future initiatives. Ensures initiative progress is tracked and staying aligned with commitment dates. Provides reports to Quality Manager and intersite coordinator as required.
- Focsuses on assembly area driving use of data to identify measurement and assembly process capabilities in support of process and sustaining engineering intiiatives.
- Manages RMAs for the assembly area, coordinating with sustaining and process engineers as required to identify and eliminate root cause(s). Responds to customer SCARs if issued. Maintains open communication with customer SQE to drive correlation and improvement initiates.
- Develops and ensures the effective functioning of the non-financial management audit activities within the site for all relevant management systems deployed.
- Responsible for recruiting, retaining, training site Internal Auditors.
- Assigns and supervises the activities of audit teams ensuring impartiality of the auditors by observing rules for conflicts of interest.
- Based on audit results, identifies opportunities for improvement to the company management systems.
- Overseeing the day to day activities of audit teams, ensuring timely audit execution and follow-up to effectively close nonconformance reports.
- Assist in the maintenance and training of Management System standards applicable to the site.
- Coordinator for the site's CAPA process including proper closure.
- Support and where applicable conduct internal and external audits
- Bachelor degree in technical, scientific or engineering preferred; Associate degree with ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Quality Auditor (CQA) is an acceptable alternative for educational experience.
- Five years or more experience as a Quality Engineer, with emphasis in complex assembly, SPC and precision metrology.
- Three+ years internal audit experience in a manufacturing and/or regulatory environment is acceptable.
- Formal training and certification as a ISO9001 Lead Auditor highly desired.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, AS9100 and/or ISO 45001.
- Familiar with ISO 19011 and ISO 34001
- Familiar and knowledgeable in the requirement and implementation of EU RoHS and REACH Directives.
- Strong leadership and communication ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Project is preferred.
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerMinorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation