Configuration Management Specialist
Boulder, CO, United States
The Configuration Management Specialist reports to the Quality Systems Manager and functions as part of the Quality Engineering Group. The configuration management specialist will typically support document control for engineering of all new product introductions (NPI). Configuration management support includes collecting and maintaining technical documents for customer requirements. Developing and maintaining Bill of Materials and items within the PDM system. The configuration management team works with engineering, planning and production in enforcing rules and processes is another key job function.
- Responsible to collect and maintain technical documents necessary to define and control manufacturing product configuration that conforms to customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain documents, bills of material and items within REO PDM System (Omnify) to ensure that all users have the latest revision of appropriate customer drawings, process sheets, etc.
- Ensure that Excelitas Boulder document management systems and change control methods conform to ISO management system requirements and follow best practices based on CM2 guidelines.
- Participates with Engineering, Planning and Production personnel in defining, maintaining and enforcing configuration management rules and processes.
- Manage and maintain Omnify system including practices, procedures and forms. With support from IT personnel, ensure correct integration and ongoing communication between Omnify and M2M systems.
- Launch new product introduction process (IRCO) for 1st time orders and changes to existing released products, bills of material, items within Omnify.
- Create and modify drawings and transfer redline requirements to support external production of raw materials, fabricated substrates, etc.
- Create and modify bills of material, items and attributes, documents, launch change orders and other tasks and administrative duties within Omnify.
- Assist in revision to and control of process sheets used to manufacture customer products.
- Verify accuracy of work against Excelitas Boulder change processes and close all change orders related to assigned product lines.
- Launch quotation process for new business items. Coordinate with Sales, Engineering, Supply Chain and Product Line Managers on quote support activities for new/revised products.
- Works with appropriate subject matter experts to create or revise procedures related to configuration management practices.
- Conducts training on configuration management procedures, Omnify system and use for various user groups throughout the organization.
- Keeps abreast of developments in document and configuration management technologies and techniques by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Provide general administrative support as needed.
- Act as the Omnify System Administrator to add and disable users. Update/Create workflows as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree or equivalent education or experience in configuration management preferred.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Must be self-directed.
- Exposure to product documentation management (PDM) systems. Omnify experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with ISO management systems and standards preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment with exposure to optical fabrication, coating, or assembly preferred but not required.
- CM2 Comprehensive, Advanced or Professional certifications preferred but not required.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation