Explosive Material Tech
Miamisburg, OH, United States
The Explosive Material Technician reports to the Explosives Lab Supervisor and functions as part of the Operations Group. The laboratory technician will typically support production of energetic materials. Production support includes preparation of chemical solutions, operation of a boiler system, process chillers, and mixing equipment, monitoring the operation of process equipment, handling and transferring the product at various points in the process, adjusting and monitoring oven temperatures, and operating various other pieces of laboratory equipment. Once complete, the technician will test the products for quality and performance. Energetic material movement and accurate documentation of explosive materials to support manufacturing operations is another key job function.
- Monitor chemical processes, test the quality of products, and document results to make sure that they meet standards and specifications
- Set up and maintain, clean, or sterilize laboratory instruments or equipment.
- Follow procedures to ensure safe operation of equipment and the safe handling of chemicals.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must accomplish accurate recording of transactions in multiple records (i.e. paper, MS Excel, and SAP).
- Verification of explosive inventory balances and log book maintenance.
- Ensure efficient movement of all material required to meet production schedules.
- Before executing job duties, handler must meet requirements of all State and Federal explosives laws ("possessor of explosives" as defined by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE)). Possessor license must be obtained through successful application process with BATFE. Prior possession before employment a plus.
- Minimum HS graduate or equivalent (from a recognized educational institution); 2 or 4 year degree in related field preferred.
- Preferred 3-5 years' experience in a manufacturing setting, and 1-2 years' experience in material control functions (entry level position).
- Excellent math skills.?
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi task.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to learn new processes and systems.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to transfer material while working outdoors in all types of weather conditions except lightning. Conditions include excessive hot and cold temperatures, rain, snow, etc.
- Please note that due to requirements from the Department of Energy, US Citizenship is required
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation