Miamisburg, OH, United States
As a member of the technical staff, the Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for the generation of the overall design and development activities for Electronic Safe and Arm Devices (ESADs or ESAFs) and Ignition Safety Devices (ISDs) for weapon systems.
- Develops ESADs and ISDs that meet customer design specifications as well as generates designs for internal needs.
- Designs products with an emphasis not only on performance, but also manufacturability and testability.
- Originates and refines existing designs including detailed design, tolerance studies, and selection of electronic components while taking shock, vibration, and thermal stress considerations into account.
- Prepares engineering specs, parts lists, time estimates, and test and fabrication schedules.
- Writes engineering reports and assists in the preparation of technical proposals.
- Participates in and conducts specification reviews, design reviews, pre-production builds, debug, and product testing at internal, government and/or customer labs.
- Plans and determines test procedures. Conducts laboratory or field test experiments and investigations, as well as correlates and interprets observations and results.
- Provides technical support for mature products currently in production.
- Interfaces with customers as technical expert for one or more product lines.
- Provides guidance to, and mentors junior engineers.
- BS Degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline is required. Requires a minimum of 6 years of design/development experience or other equivalent training designing circuits with electronic components, with at least one year of analog experience. Knowledge of electronic design software (Altium Designer, PSpice preferred) is required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
- Experience with other schematic capture tools and board layout design tools is a plus.
- Previous experience with military high reliability programs and working with Military Standards is desirable.
- Ingenuity and attention to detail skills are essential.
- Must also have the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Clearance.
- Please note, that due to the requirements from the Department of Energy, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
- This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation