Miamisburg, OH, United States
The Assembler I will perform any combination of the following tasks to assemble electronic components, subassemblies, products or systems:
- Receives detailed instructions on all work, under close supervision.
- Positions, aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in fixture or other holding device.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy, bonding, curing.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases or other packing material.
- May perform assembly operations under microscope or other magnifying device.
- Mounts assembled components such as resistors, capacitors and integrated circuits.
- Connects components, wires to printed circuit or route via soldering.
- Adjusts, trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
- Performs inline testing, inspection using measuring instruments and electrical test equipment to ensure parts and assemblies meet production standards.
- Ability to cross train on other programs in the facility.
- Ability to perform various repair/rework operations using approved written procedures.
- As a skilled employee, completes tasks in a resourceful and effective way.
- Ability to work from schematics, blue print drawings.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and at least 6-24 months of industrial experience or similar training.
- Must be able to read schematics and assembly prints, as well as being thoroughly familiar with such assembly operations as wiring, welding, bonding and soldering
- IPC/J-STD certification a plus
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 qualification
- Ability to achieve a security clearance
- Must be able to complete J-Stud certification
- Must be able to effectively communicate with and engage all levels of the organization verbally and in writing.
- Possesses intermediate computer skills including MS office excel and outlook.
- Please note that due to the requirements from the Department of Energy, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED. This position requires use of information, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation