Boulder, CO, United States
The primary function of this position is to be the subject matter expert in REO's manufacturing processes, and to optimize those processes by implementing quality controls, providing an output that continuously exceeds product requirements. The candidate will be responsible for driving continual process improvements on the manufacturing floor, in processes including shaping of raw materials, polishing, thin film coating, assembly, metrology, inspection, and packaging.
- Use of continual improvement tools to optimize manufacturing processes.
- Work closely with Operations to identify process inefficiencies, bottlenecks, training needs, and continual improvement initiatives.
- Implementation of quality controls as an effort to develop and improve process capabilities and product yields.
- Development and implementation of process monitoring tools such as statistical process controls (SPC), and integrating them into the manufacturing facility.
- Optimization of stable processes by conducting yield improvement analysis and efforts.
- Conducting root cause analyses on nonconforming materials and reporting findings to Management and, as applicable, to customers.
- Working with Process Engineers in cross functional team environments, analyzing and understanding defects and working to optimize processes.
- Performs production readiness review for new product introduction (NPI)
The candidate will be excellent in collaborating in multi-level, cross-functional teams and provide daily support of the manufacturing operation.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics. Masters Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in manufacturing engineering or a similar role
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Black Belt Preferred) or demonstrated use and knowledge of Lean Six-Sigma methodologies and tools.
- Experience in using statistics and statistical process control (SPC) to make data-driven decisions while driving improvements.
- Demonstrated use of Lean/Six-Sigma and root cause analysis tools such as DMAIC, Ishikawa, 5-Why, fault tree diagram, value-stream maps, and time study/capacity analysis.
- Experience in low volume, high product mixture manufacturing. Precision optics manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to present project status to stakeholders/champions and customers.
- Cross-functional team leadership including managing multi-line projects with expected completion goals, milestones, and dates.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation