Mississauga, ON, Canada
This position will assist the Quality team with inspecting incoming and line fall out parts, and reporting of non-conforming products.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete receiving inspection on incoming components and related documentation.
- Measure and test parts and products to verify conformance to drawings and/or specifications and record inspection findings.
- Segregate nonconforming parts and products.
- Responsible for the physical control of nonconforming parts & products.
- Process parts in ERP system.
- Issue quality reports for non-conforming products where applicable including fall-out accumulation.
- Participate in supplier quality performance reviews on a regular basis.
- Initiate corrective action reports for defective parts or products.
- Coordinate to receive missing information from suppliers.
- Follow all ISO related procedures.
- Report deficiencies with documentation and processes, and suggest improvements.
- Assist Quality Department and/or Production personnel in analyzing quality problems.
- Follow safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education (from a recognized educational institution), preferably in electronic, mechanical or industrial engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Quality Control Inspection within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with incoming/outgoing and in-process inspection.
- Ability to use test and measuring equipment such as: power supplies, multimeters, calipers, micrometers, pin gages, microscopes, etc.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret dimensions as found on mechanical drawings.
- Ability to use CMM and optical inspection equipment.
- Knowledge of GD&T preferred.
- Understanding of SPC preferred.
- Experience in ISO 9001/13485 environment preferred.
- Ability to work in a diverse workforce.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills for report writing, documentation etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing and the ability to travel for business purposes.