Thin Film Technician I
Boulder, CO, United States
The Thin Film Technician reports to the Production Supervisor and functions as part of the Operations Group. The thin film technician will typically support production of precision optical components. Production support includes operation of coating chambers to apply thin film coatings to optical components. Will use interferometers, spectrophotometers, and other automated equipment. Monitoring the operation of process equipment, packaging of optical components, sets up coating chamber tooling, adjusting, monitoring and operating various pieces of laboratory equipment. Once complete, the technician will measure the products for quality and ensure they meet customer requirements. Accurate recording of data on process sheets and accurate documentation of material movement in the ERP system to support manufacturing operations is another key job function.
- Cleans and performs routine inspection and measurement of substrates to ensure quality. Will typically perform spin cleaning operations and work on smaller optics.
- Sets up tooling
- Loads parts into chambers
- Foils chambers
- Changes targets
- May use spectrophotometer to perform scans of optical components
- Performs regens
- Beadblasts chamber components
- Performs basic chamber maintenance
- Starts coating runs
- Rebuilds sources with supervision (ebeam)
- High school diploma required
- Previous work experience in process manufacturing environment desired, but not required
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All Applications must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. "Green Card Holder"), Politial Asylee, or Refugee.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation